Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bridget Riley



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find these optical illusion pieces very interesting because of the painstaking amount of work and precision that they look like they require to make, and because they demonstrate the ability of the line to jump out instead of just being flat and direct. It is interesting that the artist is trying to make the viewer see something that isn't there, because for me art is usually about trying to make something clearer or more obvious on a page.
-Natalia Fadul

onlove said...

I agree with Natalia. I think optical illusions are interesting because, as she said, they aren't just a portrayal of something but an abstraction create to fool the mind. I find it amazing how simple lines and colors can so easily fool the human mind. I wonder how an artist goes about creating an optical illusion?

Anonymous said...

what medium was used in these two pieces? the lines are so intricate yet precise that they seem computer generated

alejandra