Honestly, I've never really understood why these paintings became so famous given the fact that they are exceedingly simple paintings. With that said I like the designs and patterns illustrated in them and actually own a dress based off of the last painting.
I find these Piet Mondrian pieces appealing because of their simplicity but formality of intention as well. I feel like all the aspects of the pieces are deliberate, from the mechanical lines to the blocks of color, and I think that it's important to look beyond the apparent simplicity of these pieces into the overarching structural components of them and what that says about line and complexity.
I love Mondrian's use of strong geometric shapes combined with the stark contrast between the black and white space and the sections filled with vibrant color. That he can do so much with so little makes me feel like each line and color holds more significance than more detailed or intricate works.
3 comments:
Honestly, I've never really understood why these paintings became so famous given the fact that they are exceedingly simple paintings. With that said I like the designs and patterns illustrated in them and actually own a dress based off of the last painting.
I find these Piet Mondrian pieces appealing because of their simplicity but formality of intention as well. I feel like all the aspects of the pieces are deliberate, from the mechanical lines to the blocks of color, and I think that it's important to look beyond the apparent simplicity of these pieces into the overarching structural components of them and what that says about line and complexity.
I love Mondrian's use of strong geometric shapes combined with the stark contrast between the black and white space and the sections filled with vibrant color. That he can do so much with so little makes me feel like each line and color holds more significance than more detailed or intricate works.
Post a Comment