I find the line quality in the second piece extremely fascinating because it looks chaotic but it still possesses a sense of order to the way it is composed.
I like that the lines in the first piece give it a 3D texture simply by their contrast and direction. It looks like a rumpled piece of paper with different peaks and valleys because of the angles of the stripes and triangles. It's also interesting how the lines divide the piece into sections (triangles) and then create a pattern within that, as opposed to using lines to become the contour of an object as we've been experimenting with in class. -Jess
2 comments:
I find the line quality in the second piece extremely fascinating because it looks chaotic but it still possesses a sense of order to the way it is composed.
I like that the lines in the first piece give it a 3D texture simply by their contrast and direction. It looks like a rumpled piece of paper with different peaks and valleys because of the angles of the stripes and triangles. It's also interesting how the lines divide the piece into sections (triangles) and then create a pattern within that, as opposed to using lines to become the contour of an object as we've been experimenting with in class.
-Jess
Post a Comment