the choice of background for the second painting is very interesting- it places the person in an unusual context. I like that the lines of the squares in the background are not perfectly straight but seem to have more of a curve that makes the image gentler as a whole. -Natalia Fadul
I think the curviness of the background lines add movement to the work. I like how the color in the foreground shape really emphasize the different lines and overall shape.
I think the second painting is very successful in filling the entire space. The rich color and strong geometric shapes call attention to the negative space surrounding the subject, which creates movement.
4 comments:
i don't fully understand the first painting. is it about women's importance, this cross between a tree of life (maybe) and menstruating women?
alejandra
the choice of background for the second painting is very interesting- it places the person in an unusual context. I like that the lines of the squares in the background are not perfectly straight but seem to have more of a curve that makes the image gentler as a whole.
-Natalia Fadul
I think the curviness of the background lines add movement to the work. I like how the color in the foreground shape really emphasize the different lines and overall shape.
I think the second painting is very successful in filling the entire space. The rich color and strong geometric shapes call attention to the negative space surrounding the subject, which creates movement.
- claudia
Post a Comment