Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Eva Hesse



5 comments:

n@ said...

woah.. is that first one all string?

Natalie U.

Unknown said...

I really liked the first work by Eva Hesse. When I first saw it I thought it was a light projection up against a wall but if it's string it's definitely a lot cooler than I originally thought it was. The other two works weren't as impressive to me, but thats just my opinion.

Catie said...

I think that the first piece is really interesting, particularly when thinking about the line drawings that we have been doing in class and how they could be turned into three dimensional installments like this. I also liked the third piece; I think that it is an interesting composition of lines.
-Catie Straut

Anonymous said...

reminds me of gaudi working on his catalan vaults for the sagrada familia. the third is interesting- the lines are connected in a way that doesn't automatically lead us to recognize an image- but perhaps it's actually a flower.

Anonymous said...

I find Hesse's work really interesting on an aesthetic level since they (at least to me) have a very distinct feel. Both works are somewhat eerie and I can envision them coming out of a dark, rundown environment.